Celebrating Woodmont Workers: Tenure Recognition Receptions
Recently, we held our annual Tenure Recognition receptions. This is an event we look forward to all year — it’s a time to recognize how blessed we are as a company to have such wonderful, dedicated employees. We wouldn’t be where we are today without our devoted team.
As you likely know, here at Woodmont Cabinetry we care deeply about tradition, fellowship, and community spirit. So we’re very proud to say that many of our employees like to stay with us for a very long time — and we love that they do!
To celebrate, we hold a special annual recognition event to show our appreciation to every person who’s worked with us for 5, 10, 15, or 20+ years. Qualifying employees at each plant (Dallas and Cedar Hill) receive a special invitation to take a break from the workday and come to a cake and punch reception hosted by senior management. We honor each employee individually, with a small speech about his or her service. We also recognize each employee’s service with a few small gifts from us:
- Five-year employees receive: individual employee photo with management team, a professionally printed certificate, and a Woodmont T-shirt
- Ten-year employees receive: individual employee photo with management team, a professionally printed certificate, and a collared Woodmont shirt, with “10 Years of Service” printed on it
- Fifteen-year employees receive: individual employee photo with management team, a professionally printed certificate, and a collared Woodmont shirt (in a different color), with “15 Years of Service” printed on it
- Twenty-year employees receive: individual employee photo with management team, a professionally printed certificate, a collared Woodmont shirt (in a different color), with “20 Years of Service” and their name embroidered on it, and a paid half-day off work at a Rangers’ game with the Tidwell family, senior management, and other “20 Year Club” employees
- After 20 years, employees receive an invitation to our Tenure Recognition reception and the “20 Year Club” Rangers game day every year, a new certificate every year, and a plaque every five years.
Now, it’s important to mention, it’s not all about the gifts — it’s about our company culture. We truly believe that when our employees have devoted so much of their lives to Woodmont, they become part of the family. And we make it our mission to treat our family well, whether that’s gift baskets for the holidays, scholarship funds for employee kids, or even our wonderful in-house ministry service. After all, we spend a good chunk of our lives at the workplace. We believe in recognizing that time as time well spent — and celebrating it!